1. Being married!
2. Mom and Dad coming out for three days filled with food and Seattle sightseeing. Tim and I got to host our first Thanksgiving together!
3. Turkey and all the fixings, including chestnut stuffing and a special butternut squash chowder with crispy bacon. Many firsts this year on the menu.
4. Comfy new living room chairs.
5. Awesome new stove that works (plus a third little IKEA kitchen cart).
6. Antique buffet for the dining room--finally, a piece of furniture we fell in love with! It was worth the wait, and I can't stop staring at it.
7. The newest addition to our family: the ficus tree!
8. That mysterious green concoction in the Pyrex bowl. Yes, friends, that is the famed pistachio pudding--crushed pineapple, marshmallows, Cool Whip and all. I made it for Tim's office Thanksgiving potluck (I was wondering if Microsofties cook and the answer is no; apparently it was a dessert buffet) at his request; his sister Jane made this one Thanksgiving when I was at Tim's house. I certainly didn't grow up with anything like it. In fact, I think there are two kinds of households: those with Cool Whip and Jello-O pudding, and those without.
And I am thankful most of all that Tim and I are getting to live out our adventure together in the place God has put us. We celebrated--that is, noted, and my mom bought us a jar of yummy mulling spices--our four month anniversary last Wednesday. I am thankful for good health, a nice place to live, good food to eat, the new friends we are making, and the way the Lord is leading us as we settle into life in Seattle. It's still a process of adjusting, but if I sit back and take a look at all the wonderful parts of our life, it's a pretty amazing one.