Of course, we think she's always been wonderful, but there is something special about 10 months. So while she has a few days left at this age (5, to be exact), let me sing the praises of 10 months!
Right now, Susie:
- Eats anything I put in front of her, especially corn, bread, eggs, pb on toast, meat, ground beef, carrots, sweet potatoes, olives, pears, oatmeal, beans, broccoli, applesauce, tomatoes, kale, cheerios and rice. The grandmas may notice I added in some formerly forbidden foods, as gassiness hasn't seemed to be a problem. She is taking bigger chunks now, and it is just so fun. She has liked to hold her own spoon from the get-go and so is pretty good at it.
- I might as well add bits of cookie to the favorites list. After staunchly refusing to give sweets to my first two babies until their birthdays, I've lost the battle. And I can't say I feel all that bad about it. Life will go on, even when the baby gets a piece of my Oreo.
- This week Susie started standing up on her own. She falls down after a couple seconds, but does it over and over. She seems pretty proud of herself! And she has discovered many things she can now reach on the desk, as well as the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. I just bought some new cabinet latches to up our baby proofing game. It was a nice thought thinking I'd just keep her out of the kitchen entirely (then reality set in).
- Other recent firsts include asking for more ("muh! muh!"), shaking her head and saying ("nuh nuh"), which I really think is "no, no" since that's exactly how we say it, and clapping her hands. See how much fun 10 months is?!
- Some favorite toys are Lego Duplos, puzzle pieces (big ones), and the plastic cups and lids.
- She really likes the touch and feel style books, and those are the only ones she'll sit for half a minute to let me read her.
- I still put a baby headband on her nearly every day. Man I love those things! But only the specific kind we have...(you already knew I was a little particular).
- Susie laughs and shrieks and squeals -- with screams exactly like Linnea and Peter's. Several times I've told Peter to quiet down when Susie has been the culprit! It's shaping up to be a LOUD house here, folks.
Boy do we love you, Susie Sue! We are so blessed to have this sweet, snuggly, goofy, joyful little girl.